Monday, March 30, 2015

A binary plot of the Catalan numbers and the pseudo-Fibonacci series that can be found inside.

I was trying to find in Internet a binary plot of the Catalan numbers, and I did not find anyone... so I did it myself, and here it is!

Catalan Numbers binary plot (first 2000 elements)




















There are not clear patterns inside the binary plot, as it happens for instance with the binary plot of Fibonacci numbers, but it is possible to see a very interesting pattern of decreasing pseudo-Fibonacci series in the upper binary numbers of the binary plot. This characteristic can be found in the binary plot of square numbers and prime numbers as well... why?

1 comment:

  1. It looks like the signature for n^2 almost. It seems a little too "black sheepish" compared to the rest of the series. I wonder if this is dude to some kind of floating point error on these very large intergers.

    ReplyDelete